Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://krishikosh.egranth.ac.in/handle/1/5810142863
Authors: HARISHA, N.
Advisor: J. TULSIRAM, D.M.CHANDARGI, AMRUTHA T. JOSHI
Title: A STUDY ON VEGETABLE PRODUCTION UNDER PROTECTED CULTIVATION IN KOLAR DISTRICT OF KARNATAKA
Publisher: UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES, RAICHUR
Citation: 130
Language: en
Type: Thesis
Pages: 166
Agrotags: null
Abstract: Field investigation was carried out at Main Agricultural Research Station, University of Agriculture Sciences, Raichur, Karnataka, India during 2016-17 to study the effect of nutrient management in high density planting on growth, yield and yield components, quality, post-harvest parameters and economics of Guava (cv.Allahabad Safeda).Treatments consists of application of fertilizers for normal planting compared with 100 % recommended dose of fertilizers (RDF), 75 % and 50 % of high density planting (HDP) along with 25 kg FYM, organic manure alone and foliar application of urea @ 1 % at 2, 3 and 4 months after pruning. Results indicated that application of NPK @ 235: 118: 120 g per plant as per the RDF for HDP along with 25 kg FYM has resulted in maximum plant height, plant spread, length of new shoots, girth of new shoot, number of productive shoots per plant, canopy volume, leaf area index, light interception %, SPAD meter readings and chlorophyll content at 60, 120 and 180 days after pruning. Higher fruits/plant (190.4), average fruit weight (158.73 g), fruit diameter (6.66 cm), fruit length (7.44 cm), fruit yield per plant (44.61 kg) and fruit yield per hectare (48.58 t) was recorded by application of NPK @ 235: 118: 120 g per plant as per the RDF for HDP along with 25 kg FYM. Application of 50 % RDF for HDP along with foliar application of urea @ 1% at 2, 3 and 4 months after pruning and 25 kg FYM was also found effective. It also recorded significantly higher total soluble solids (11.70 0Brix), TSS/Acid ratio (52.61), reducing sugar (4.55 %), non reducing sugar (4.70 %), total sugar (9.25 %), lowest titrable acidity (0.23 %), firmness (61.16 N), Skin puncture strength (10.0 N), shelf life (6.43 days), lower PLW (14.98 %) and overall acceptability of the fruit. Results concluded that application of NPK @ 235:118: 120 g per plant and 25 kg FYM would be required to achieve higher productivity of Guava under high density planting.
Subject: Agricultural Extension Education
Theme: A STUDY ON VEGETABLE PRODUCTION UNDER PROTECTED CULTIVATION IN KOLAR DISTRICT OF KARNATAKA
Research Problem: A STUDY ON VEGETABLE PRODUCTION UNDER PROTECTED CULTIVATION IN KOLAR DISTRICT OF KARNATAKA
These Type: M.Sc
Issue Date: 2017-07-30
Appears in Collections:Thesis

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
A STUDY ON VEGETABLE PRODUCTION UNDER PROTECTED CULTIVATION IN KOLAR DISTRICT OF KARNATAKA.pdfM.Sc4.44 MBAdobe PDFView/Open
thesis abstract.pdfM.Sc7.52 kBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.